Because I was so busy being manipulated into a gibbering pile of goo by adorable puppies I have no photos, but the Otr x Tweed litter is fabulous! They’re only 3 weeks old so things could change, but they are a gorgeous and very consistent litter. All have beautiful heads and look like otter kits. They also have good bone and good proportions. I’m jealous of the folks getting one, you’re so lucky! My consolation is the possibility of a fabulous little girl from the next litter. :)
Wally didn’t get to go with me since the babies are so young that he could be a biohazard to them, so instead he spent the afternoon with my mom. I’m not sure what they did but I know he “helped” her change the sheets and do laundry, as well as verify that the cat didn’t any peace. Wally is afraid of my cat Quincy, who lives with Mom, and Wally starts barking the second he gets out of the car to make sure Quincy doesn’t come too close. Unfortunately for Wally, Quincy just finds this annoying and is more likely to sit and stew than to run away.
If you have a Border, your Saturday might look something like this…
- Go to Home Depot, where so many people fawn over your dog that he is baffled when people ignore him
- Go to obedience lesson where your dog has tons of fun and gets to play games that end in delicious cookies; you have fun too but you don’t get any cookies, instead you happily pay 35 cookies for the fun you had
- Find a babysitter for the dog while you run errands; it’s too hot to leave the dog in the car but you don’t want to leave him at home alone
- Go for a walk, being careful to walk in the shade as much as possible since Borders are total wienies about heat
- Go out for coffee and sit in the patio area where your Border gets fawned over by other SBUX patrons; don’t forget to get a water for the dog
- Go home and do boring stuff while your Border passes out on the couch, barely cracking an eye as you do jumping jacks two feet from his face
- Foretelling the future, feel shocked around 9pm when your Border has a second wind and decides to mimic the whirling dervishes of Istanbul. Another possibility is to literally drag him outside for the bedtime pee only to have him drag you back inside so he can go back to sleep.