- Canine Stress Signs (Growl Snarl Snap)
- The Art of Adaptation: What Happens If? (Denise Fenzi)
- Emotion As Criteria (The Cognitive Canine)
- On “Fixing” Behavior Problems: Reachable Goals and Wishful Thinking (Dr. Jen’s Dog Blog)
Category Archives: Other Stuff
But here’s a reminder of when was it sunny. I don’t really mind the rain though, it means that I can wear cozy clothes.
Wally loves to roll in the dry dusty dirt and comes up with an adorable brown face. Ava is unimpressed by sprinklers and prefers the long way around. Eventually I have to post a hilarious video of her catching rain drops with her tongue.
- Working As a Team (Growl Snarl Snap)
- Always End On a Good Note? (Please Don’t) (Dr. Patricia McConnell)
- Are Puppies Easier to Raise? (Growl Snarl Snap)
- Hip Laxity and the Risk of Degenerative Joint Disease (Institute for Canine Biology)
- Square Pegs and Round Holes (Cognitive Canine)
- Reducing Reinforcers (Denise Fenzi)
- 2 Strangers, a Malinois, and a Precarious Game of Jenga (Collared Scholar)
- Dog vs Wolf Critical Period (Darwin’s Dogs)
Recently Denise Fenzi did a series on leadership, in the sense of how we dog owners can take appropriate leadership roles toward our dogs. As always I love her work, and this time I particularly wanted to share it. I can attest to the deer in the headlights feeling of “oh crap, my dog is acting bonkers, what am I supposed to do?!” This series reminded me of a quote I saw once, one I think we should all live by and then forgive ourselves for our past ignorance.
“Do the best you can until you know better. Then when you know better, do better.”
- Leadership: Entry-Level Management
- Leadership: A Little Bit of Knowledge
- Leadership: Management Training